What personal data do we use?
Any personal data we hold about you has been or will be collected directly from you, either in writing or verbally. We will never collect nor attempt to collect personal data from any other source.
What information may we collect directly from you?
The categories of personal information that we collect directly from you include:
- personal details (for example, your name, date of birth, marriage/civil partnership status dependants);
- your bank details and national insurance number;
- your contact details (for example, your address, phone number and email address);
How the band uses your personal data:
The ways we use your information include:
- identifying you and making sure your details are up to date;
- communicating with you;
- calculating and reporting Gift Aid payments on donations you might make to the Band;
- paying any prizes you might win in competitions and raffles organised by the Band;
We must have a legal reason to use your personal information. This will usually be:
- to meet our legal obligations (including any contractual obligations), which includes making our statutory returns to The Charities Commission and submitting our claims for Gift Aid Relief to Her Majesty’s Customs and Excise;
- to fulfil our legitimate interests in administering the Scheme correctly and effectively;
Who will we share the personal data with?
We will only share your personal data with HM Government and then only as required by the law. In the event that the need arises for the Band to share your data with any party other than Her Majesty’s Government your specific consent to that sharing will be requested. You will always have the right, subject to applicable law, to decline such sharing.
Security of your personal data
The Band has in place measures to protect the security of your personal information and to keep it confidential. We review these measures regularly to make sure they remain appropriate and effective.
How long do we hold the personal data for?
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. When deciding how long to keep your personal information after our relationship with you has ended, we will take into account our legal obligations and regulators' expectations. Your data will be secure at all times.
How can you access your personal data?
You have rights regarding your personal information, including the right in certain circumstances to access, correct, delete or transfer your personal information or to restrict or object to our use of it. We may need extra information from you to deal with any request. If you would like to discuss or exercise these rights, please contact the Band’s Secretary or Treasurer.